Apple Crumble


I Crumble for ya!  I crumble for ya! I crumble for ya. I crum-ble for YOU!
Sorry, I just Had to go there. Remember that old 80's song, "I Tumble for you"? Obviously I do, and it popped into my head while I was getting together photos for this recipe. So you get to have it in your head now too.
Your welcome.

Serves 4


Apple Crumble

~Ingredients~

Filling:
4 medium sized apples [ Granny Smith or HoneyCrisp, even Red Delicious]
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon

For crumble:
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar—NOT tightly packed
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Fruit:
Peel and slice apples into bite sized chunks. 

In a medium bowl, combine all crumble ingredients and stir together. Keep working the crumbs with a fork or your fingers until the butter is absorbed and forms clumps. [Takes about 15 seconds].

In an 8x8 baking dish layer fruit directly into the pan and then sprinkle crumble on top.   

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the fruit starts to bubble and the crumble is golden brown.
 
**My daughter and I really loved this with tiny dollops of cream cheese dropped on top of our warm crumble and mixed in -- instead of adding more sweetness with ice cream or whipped cream. The Cream Cheese adds a really nice depth of creaminess without adding more sweet.**



Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.